Version: Issue 1.0 Date policy revised: 10/11/2016 Date published: 10/11/2016
Property Development Alliance Limited (registered in England and Wales under number 10566504). The registered offices for this company are at 1 Town Green, Wymondham, Norfolk NR18 0PN.
Established in 2016, the Property Development Alliance is the leading membership organisation offering support and guidance to property developers, investors, land-owners and lenders.
Please note that all written and oral advice provided in our publications and through our services (including via the telephone advice line) is given in good faith. We cannot be held responsible or liable for any loss you may suffer which arises from your reliance on such.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.propertydevelopmentalliance.com (“website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing as a member, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or services.
- Information or material that you post or contribute to our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services concerning our services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To maintain our organisational records.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in PDA online forums and other interactive areas and to display your profile and information about you on the website.
- For research and analytical purposes, including to improve the information, products and/or services we provide.
- To supply to third parties as outlined below.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you (including the services and products we offer in collaboration with our third party providers) and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We will communicate with you by telephone, letter, email or other reasonable means with updates and information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a sale to you or enquiry from you.
Disclosure of your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive information from third parties contact us by email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject field. If you also do not wish to receive such information from PDA, please specify this in the email (otherwise you will continue to be contacted by us).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If PDA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where an enquiry regarding a possible complaint about you is received, we will confirm to the complainant or their representative that you are a member of PDA and may share information with the local authority.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Freedom of Information Act (“Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.